In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Wholesale and Manufacturing Sales Representatives looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Wholesale and Manufacturing Sales Representatives[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ACQUISITIONS-PROCUREMENT-MANAGEMENT, MARKETING, FASHION-MERCHANDISING, MANAGEMENT, MARKETING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Wholesale and Manufacturing Sales Representatives
Here is a list of tasks that Wholesale and Manufacturing Sales Representatives do every day.
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers’ needs and interests.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Wholesale and Manufacturing Sales Representatives do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Provide customers with product samples and catalogs.
- Prepare drawings, estimates, and bids that meet specific customer needs.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
- Train customers’ employees to operate and maintain new equipment.
- How many hours do Wholesale and Manufacturing Sales Representatives work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Learn more about Wholesale and Manufacturing Sales Representatives
Related careers to Wholesale and Manufacturing Sales Representatives
This career is also closely related to Account Executive, Account Executive, Key Accounts, Account Leader, Account Manager, Account Manager (Salesman), Account Representative, Account Specialist, Accounts Executive, Agent or Agricultural Produce Commission Agent.