In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Sales Engineers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Sales Engineers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Sales Engineers
Here is a list of tasks that Sales Engineers do every day.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Sales Engineers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Sell products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use, such as material handling equipment, numerical-control machinery, and computer systems.
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Create sales or service contracts for products or services.
- How many hours do Sales Engineers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Sales Engineers
Related careers to Sales Engineers
This career is also closely related to Account Executive, Account Leader, Account Manager, Accounts Executive, Aeronautical Products Sales Engineer, Aerospace Products Sales Engineer, Agricultural Equipment Sales Engineer, Applications Engineer, Ceramic Products Sales Engineer or Chemical Equipment Sales Engineer.