In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Quarry Rock Splitters looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Quarry Rock Splitters[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Quarry Rock Splitters
Here is a list of tasks that Quarry Rock Splitters do every day.
- Locate grain line patterns to determine how rocks will split when cut.
- Remove pieces of stone from larger masses, using jackhammers, wedges, and other tools.
- Insert wedges and feathers into holes, and drive wedges with sledgehammers to split stone sections from masses.
- Mark dimensions or outlines on stone prior to cutting, using rules and chalk lines.
- Cut slabs of stone into sheets that will be used for floors or counters.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Quarry Rock Splitters do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Set charges of explosives to split rock.
- Drill holes into sides of stones broken from masses, insert dogs or attach slings, and direct removal of stones.
- How many hours do Quarry Rock Splitters work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
In an Open Vehicle or Equipment
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Whole Body Vibration
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Quarry Rock Splitters
Related careers to Quarry Rock Splitters
This career is also closely related to Blaster, Driller, Ledge Man, Quarry Plug and Feather Driller, Quarry Worker, Quarryman, Rock Breaker, Rock Picker, Rock Splitter or Rockman.