In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Retail Salespersons looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Retail Salespersons[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Retail Salespersons
Here is a list of tasks that Retail Salespersons do every day.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Retail Salespersons do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Place special orders or call other stores to find desired items.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Estimate cost of repair or alteration of merchandise.
- Rent merchandise to customers.
- How many hours do Retail Salespersons work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Retail Salespersons
Related careers to Retail Salespersons
This career is also closely related to Agent, Art Dealer, Art Objects Salesperson, Associate Sales, Attendant Sales, Auto Dealer, Automobile Accessories Salesperson, Automobile Salesman, Automobiles Salesperson or Automotive Salesperson.