In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Residential Advisors looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Residential Advisors[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Residential Advisors
Here is a list of tasks that Residential Advisors do every day.
- Enforce rules and regulations to ensure the smooth and orderly operation of dormitory programs.
- Make regular rounds to ensure that residents and areas are safe and secure.
- Observe students to detect and report unusual behavior.
- Communicate with other staff to resolve problems with individual students.
- Supervise students’ housekeeping work to ensure that it is done properly.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Residential Advisors do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Counsel students in the handling of issues such as family, financial, and educational problems.
- Collaborate with counselors to develop counseling programs that address the needs of individual students.
- Develop and coordinate educational programs for residents.
- Develop program plans for individuals or assist in plan development.
- Provide requested information on students’ progress and the development of case plans.
- How many hours do Residential Advisors work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Residential Advisors
Related careers to Residential Advisors
This career is also closely related to Area Coordinator, Area Director, Assistant Dean of Students, Assistant Director of Residence Life, Assistant Director of Student Activities and Housing, Assistant Hall Director, Associate Dean of Students, Associate Dean of Women, Community Educator or Coordinator for Fraternity and Sorority Life.