In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Reporters and Correspondents looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Reporters and Correspondents[qs_listing areaofinterest=”JOURNALISM, COMMUNICATIONS-MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS-MEDIA, JOURNALISM, MULTIMEDIA-COMMUNICATIONS” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Reporters and Correspondents
Here is a list of tasks that Reporters and Correspondents do every day.
- Receive assignments or evaluate leads or tips to develop story ideas.
- Research a story’s background information to provide complete and accurate information.
- Arrange interviews with people who can provide information about a story.
- Report news stories for publication or broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Gather information about events through research, interviews, experience, or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social, or other functions.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Reporters and Correspondents do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals who are credible sources of information.
- Develop ideas or material for columns or commentaries by analyzing and interpreting news, current issues, or personal experiences.
- Write online blog entries that address news developments or offer additional information, opinions, or commentary on news events.
- Write columns, editorials, commentaries, or reviews that interpret events or offer opinions.
- How many hours do Reporters and Correspondents work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Reporters and Correspondents
Related careers to Reporters and Correspondents
This career is also closely related to Anchor, Art Critic, Blogger, Book Critic, Book Reviewer, Broadcast Journalist, Bureau Chief, Business Reporter, Business Writer or Columnist.