In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Quality Control Analysts looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Quality Control Analysts[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MATH-SCIENCE, MATH-SCIENCE, MATH-SCIENCE, MATH-SCIENCE, ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Quality Control Analysts
Here is a list of tasks that Quality Control Analysts do every day.
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finished goods, or stability samples.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Perform visual inspections of finished products.
- Compile laboratory test data and perform appropriate analyses.
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Quality Control Analysts do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Investigate or report questionable test results.
- Identify and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Write technical reports or documentation such as deviation reports, testing protocols, and trend analyses.
- Review data from contract laboratories to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance.
- How many hours do Quality Control Analysts work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Quality Control Analysts
Related careers to Quality Control Analysts
This career is also closely related to Analyst Microbiology Lab, Analytical Lab Analyst, Chemistry Quality Control Analyst, Chemistry Quality Control Technician, Ethanol Quality Leader, Lab Tech, Lab Technician, Laboratory Analyst, Laboratory Tech or Lead Quality Control Technician.