In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Public Relations and Fundraising Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Public Relations and Fundraising Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”PUBLIC-RELATIONS, PUBLIC-RELATIONS, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
Here is a list of tasks that Public Relations and Fundraising Managers do every day.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, government officials, and media representatives and use these relationships to develop new business opportunities.
- Write interesting and effective press releases, prepare information for media kits, and develop and maintain company internet or intranet web pages.
- Identify main client groups and audiences, determine the best way to communicate publicity information to them, and develop and implement a communication plan.
- Assign, supervise, and review the activities of public relations staff.
- Develop and maintain the company’s corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Public Relations and Fundraising Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Direct activities of external agencies, establishments, and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs.
- Draft speeches for company executives and arrange interviews and other forms of contact for them.
- Evaluate advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with public relations efforts.
- Manage special events, such as sponsorship of races, parties introducing new products, or other activities the firm supports, to gain public attention through the media without advertising directly.
- Facilitate consumer relations or the relationship between parts of the company, such as the managers and employees, or different branch offices.
- How many hours do Public Relations and Fundraising Managers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
Related careers to Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
This career is also closely related to Account Executive, Account Manager, Account Supervisor, Alumni Relations Coordinator, Business Development Director, Communication Manager, Communications Coordinator, Communications Director, Communications Manager or Community Relations Director.