In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Production, Planning and Expediting Clerks looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Production, Planning and Expediting Clerks[qs_listing areaofinterest=”LOGISTICS-MANAGEMENT, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Production, Planning and Expediting Clerks
Here is a list of tasks that Production, Planning and Expediting Clerks do every day.
- Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
- Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing tables, to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities.
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
- Confer with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Production, Planning and Expediting Clerks do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Establish and prepare product construction directions and locations and information on required tools, materials, equipment, numbers of workers needed, and cost projections.
- How many hours do Production, Planning and Expediting Clerks work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Production, Planning and Expediting Clerks
Related careers to Production, Planning and Expediting Clerks
This career is also closely related to Advertising Dispatch Clerk, Aircraft Log Clerk, Airplane Dispatch Clerk, Alterations Workroom Clerk, Assignment Agent, Assignment Clerk, Back Shoe Worker, Batch Records Clerk, Beef Tagger or Billet Recorder.