In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Private Detectives and Investigators looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Private Detectives and Investigators[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CRIMINAL-JUSTICE, , COMPUTER-CRIMES-CYBER-SECURITY, PRIVATE-PUBLIC-INVESTIGATIONS, CRIMINAL-JUSTICE-LEGAL-SAFETY” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Private Detectives and Investigators
Here is a list of tasks that Private Detectives and Investigators do every day.
- Write reports or case summaries to document investigations.
- Search computer databases, credit reports, public records, tax or legal filings, or other resources to locate persons or to compile information for investigations.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Private Detectives and Investigators do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Conduct private investigations on a paid basis.
- Conduct personal background investigations, such as pre-employment checks, to obtain information about an individual’s character, financial status, or personal history.
- Expose fraudulent insurance claims or stolen funds.
- Obtain and analyze information on suspects, crimes, or disturbances to solve cases, to identify criminal activity, or to gather information for court cases.
- Question persons to obtain evidence for cases of divorce, child custody, or missing persons or information about individuals’ character or financial status.
- How many hours do Private Detectives and Investigators work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Learn more about Private Detectives and Investigators
Related careers to Private Detectives and Investigators
This career is also closely related to Alarm Investigator, Asset Protection Detective, Background Investigator, Bonding Agent, Cash Shortage Investigator, Certified Legal Investigator, Detective, Detective Investigator, District Agent or Field Investigator.