In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Postmasters and Mail Superintendents looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Postmasters and Mail Superintendents[qs_listing areaofinterest=”PUBLIC-ADMINISTRATION, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Postmasters and Mail Superintendents
Here is a list of tasks that Postmasters and Mail Superintendents do every day.
- Organize and supervise activities such as the processing of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Direct and coordinate operational, management, and supportive services of one or a number of postal facilities.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Prepare employee work schedules.
- Prepare and submit detailed and summary reports of post office activities to designated supervisors.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Postmasters and Mail Superintendents do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Negotiate labor disputes.
- Collect rents for post office boxes.
- How many hours do Postmasters and Mail Superintendents work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Contaminants
Learn more about Postmasters and Mail Superintendents
Related careers to Postmasters and Mail Superintendents
This career is also closely related to Branch Manager, Computerized Forwarding System Supervisor, Customer Service Manager, Customer Service Supervisor, Delivery Supervisor, Distribution Operation Supervisor (SDO), Distribution Operations Manager, Mail Delivery Supervisor, Mail Superintendent or Operations Supervisor.