In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Pipelayers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Pipelayers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Pipelayers
Here is a list of tasks that Pipelayers do every day.
- Install or use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, or transit levels.
- Cut pipes to required lengths.
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue.
- Cover pipes with earth or other materials.
- Install or repair sanitary or stormwater sewer structures or pipe systems.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Pipelayers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Tap and drill holes into pipes to introduce auxiliary lines or devices.
- How many hours do Pipelayers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Whole Body Vibration
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Pipelayers
Related careers to Pipelayers
Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
Paving, Surfacing and Tamping Equipment Operators
Crushing, Grinding and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders
Hand Laborers and Freight, Stock and Material Movers
This career is also closely related to Cast-Iron Drain Pipe Layer, Construction Laborer, Construction Worker, Drain Layer, Drain Tiler, Equipment Operator, Fitter, Heavy Equipment Operator, Irrigation System Installer or Irrigation Technician.