In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Physician Assistants looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Physician Assistants[qs_listing areaofinterest=”PHYSICIANS-ASSISTANT, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Physician Assistants
Here is a list of tasks that Physician Assistants do every day.
- Examine patients to obtain information about their physical condition.
- Make tentative diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of patients.
- Prescribe therapy or medication with physician approval.
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests.
- Interpret diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Physician Assistants do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
- Perform therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and infection management.
- Order medical and laboratory supplies and equipment.
- How many hours do Physician Assistants work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Physician Assistants
Related careers to Physician Assistants
This career is also closely related to Anesthesiologist Assistant, Anesthetic Assistant, Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C), Certified Physician’s Assistant, Clinical Physician Assistant, Doctor, Doctor Assistant, Family Practice Physician Assistant, General Surgery Physician Assistant or Gynecological Assistant.