In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Photonics Technicians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Photonics Technicians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ARCHITECTURAL-ENGINEERING, GENERAL-ENGINEERING, BIOMEDICAL-ENGINEERING, HVAC-HEATING-VENTILATION-AIR-CONDITIONING-REFRIGERATION, GENERAL-ENGINEERING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Photonics Technicians
Here is a list of tasks that Photonics Technicians do every day.
- Maintain clean working environments, according to clean room standards.
- Compute or record photonic test data.
- Adjust or maintain equipment, such as lasers, laser systems, microscopes, oscilloscopes, pulse generators, power meters, beam analyzers, or energy measurement devices.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Photonics Technicians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Set up or operate assembly or processing equipment, such as lasers, cameras, die bonders, wire bonders, dispensers, reflow ovens, soldering irons, die shears, wire pull testers, temperature or humidity chambers, or optical spectrum analyzers.
- Assist engineers in the development of new products, fixtures, tools, or processes.
- Mix, pour, or use processing chemicals or gases according to safety standards or established operating procedures.
- Assist scientists or engineers in the conduct of photonic experiments.
- Assemble fiber optical, optoelectronic, or free-space optics components, subcomponents, assemblies, or subassemblies.
- How many hours do Photonics Technicians work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Photonics Technicians
Related careers to Photonics Technicians
This career is also closely related to Coating Manager, Engineering Technician (Engineering Tech), Engineering Technologist, Fiber Optic Technician, Fiber Optics Technician, Laser Specialist, Laser Technician, Laser/Electro-Optics Technician (LEOT), Lead Technician or Optical Engineering Technician.