In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Pharmacy Technicians looks like
- What do they do every day
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Pharmacy Technicians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”PHARMACY-ASSISTING, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Pharmacy Technicians
Here is a list of tasks that Pharmacy Technicians do every day.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- How many hours do Pharmacy Technicians work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Learn more about Pharmacy Technicians
Related careers to Pharmacy Technicians
This career is also closely related to Accredited Pharmacy Technician, Billing and Quality Technician, Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT), Compounding Technician, Drug Coordinator, Lead Pharmacy Tech, Certified Pharmacy Technician (Lead Pharmacy Tech, CPhT), Lead Pharmacy Technician (Lead Pharmacy Tech), Pharmacist Assistant, Pharmacist Technician or Pharmacy Laboratory Technician.