In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
Top 2 Featured Schools For Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ACCOUNTING, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
Here is a list of tasks that Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks do every day.
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective agreement provisions.
- Post relevant work hours to client files to bill clients properly.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- How many hours do Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
Related careers to Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
This career is also closely related to Account Clerk, Accountant, Accounting Assistant, Accounting Clerk, Accounting Specialist, Accounting Technician, Attendance Clerk, Bonus Clerk, Bookkeeper or Checkman.