In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Parking Enforcement Workers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Parking Enforcement Workers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Parking Enforcement Workers
Here is a list of tasks that Parking Enforcement Workers do every day.
- Patrol an assigned area by vehicle or on foot to ensure public compliance with existing parking ordinance.
- Maintain close communications with dispatching personnel, using two-way radios or cell phones.
- Write warnings and citations for illegally parked vehicles.
- Mark tires of parked vehicles with chalk and record time of marking, and return at regular intervals to ensure that parking time limits are not exceeded.
- Respond to and make radio dispatch calls regarding parking violations and complaints.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Parking Enforcement Workers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Perform traffic control duties such as setting up barricades and temporary signs, placing bags on parking meters to limit their use, or directing traffic.
- Collect coins deposited in meters.
- How many hours do Parking Enforcement Workers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Learn more about Parking Enforcement Workers
Related careers to Parking Enforcement Workers
This career is also closely related to Civilian Service Employee, Civilian Technician, Community Service Officer, Meter Maid, Parking Control Aid, Parking Control Officer, Parking Control Specialist, Parking Enforcement Monitor, Parking Enforcement Officer (PEO) or Parking Enforcement Specialist.