In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders looks like
- What do they do every day
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Video coming soon
Top 2 Featured Schools For Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders
Here is a list of tasks that Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders do every day.
- Examine completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work orders, and adjust machinery as necessary to correct production problems.
- Start machines and move controls to regulate tension on pressure rolls, to synchronize speed of machine components, and to adjust temperatures of glue or paraffin.
- Adjust guide assemblies, forming bars, and folding mechanisms according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Install attachments to machines for gluing, folding, printing, or cutting.
- Measure, space, and set saw blades, cutters, and perforators, according to product specifications.
- How many hours do Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders
Related careers to Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders
Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic
Molding, Coremaking and Casting Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
Wood Model Makers
Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment
This career is also closely related to Bag Machine Helper, Bag Machine Operator, Bag Machine Tender, Bag Maker, Bag Presser, Bag Valver, Bender Machine Operator, Binder, Bindery Machine Operator or Bookbinder.