In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Dispensing Opticians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Dispensing Opticians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”OPTICIAN-OPTICAL-ASSISTANT, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Dispensing Opticians
Here is a list of tasks that Dispensing Opticians do every day.
- Evaluate prescriptions in conjunction with clients’ vocational and avocational visual requirements.
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit client needs.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Measure clients’ bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centers of eyes, using measuring devices.
- Sell goods such as contact lenses, spectacles, sunglasses, and other goods related to eyes in general.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Dispensing Opticians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Arrange and maintain displays of optical merchandise.
- Grind lens edges, or apply coatings to lenses.
- How many hours do Dispensing Opticians work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Dispensing Opticians
Related careers to Dispensing Opticians
This career is also closely related to Certified Optician, Contact Lens Fitter, Contact Lens Technician, Dispensing and Measuring Optician, Dispensing Optician, Dispensing Optician Apprentice, Eyeglass Fitter, Licensed Dispensing Optician (LDO), Licensed Optical Dispenser or Licensed Optician.