In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Online Merchants looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Online Merchants[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Online Merchants
Here is a list of tasks that Online Merchants do every day.
- Fill customer orders by packaging sold items and documentation for direct shipping or by transferring orders to manufacturers or third-party distributors.
- Receive and process payments from customers, using electronic transaction services.
- Create, manage, or automate orders or invoices, using order management or invoicing software.
- Deliver e-mail confirmation of completed transactions and shipment.
- Correspond with online customers via electronic mail, telephone, or other electronic messaging to address questions or complaints about products, policies, or shipping methods.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Online Merchants do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Purchase new or used items from online or physical sources for resale via retail or auction Web site.
- Compose descriptions of merchandise for posting to online storefront, auction sites, or other shopping Web sites.
- Calculate revenue, sales, and expenses, using financial accounting or spreadsheet software.
- Cancel orders based on customer requests or inventory or delivery problems.
- Prepare or organize online storefront marketing material, including product descriptions or subject lines, optimizing content to search engine criteria.
- How many hours do Online Merchants work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Online Merchants
Related careers to Online Merchants
This career is also closely related to E-Commerce Merchant, E-Commerce Retailer, E-Merchant, E-tailer, Internet Merchant, Internet Retailer, Marketing Director, Marketing Specialist, Master Hearth Technician or Online Marketing Manager.