In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Network and Computer Systems Administrators looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Network and Computer Systems Administrators[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-SCIENCE, NETWORK-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, INFORMATION-ASSURANCE, , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Network and Computer Systems Administrators
Here is a list of tasks that Network and Computer Systems Administrators do every day.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Network and Computer Systems Administrators do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Load computer tapes and disks, and install software and printer paper or forms.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
- Analyze equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- How many hours do Network and Computer Systems Administrators work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Network and Computer Systems Administrators
Related careers to Network and Computer Systems Administrators
This career is also closely related to Application Systems Administrator, Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Computer Support Specialist, Computer Systems Administrator, Computer Systems Security Administrator, Database Administrator (DBA) or Desktop Support Technician.