In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Municipal Clerks looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Municipal Clerks[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Municipal Clerks
Here is a list of tasks that Municipal Clerks do every day.
- Record and maintain all vital and fiscal records and accounts.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Perform general office duties, such as taking or transcribing dictation, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
- Coordinate or maintain office tracking systems for correspondence or follow-up actions.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Municipal Clerks do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Issue various permits and licenses, such as marriage, fishing, hunting, or dog licenses, and collect appropriate fees.
- How many hours do Municipal Clerks work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Municipal Clerks
Related careers to Municipal Clerks
This career is also closely related to City Clerk, City Recorder, City Secretary, Clerk, Crier, Deputy City Clerk, Deputy Clerk, Municipal Clerk, Recorder or Recorder of Deeds.