In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Multimedia Artists and Animators looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Multimedia Artists and Animators[qs_listing areaofinterest=”VISUAL-COMMUNICATIONS, WEB-DESIGN, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, GRAPHIC-DESIGN, GRAPHIC-DESIGN” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Multimedia Artists and Animators
Here is a list of tasks that Multimedia Artists and Animators do every day.
- Create two-dimensional and three-dimensional images depicting objects in motion or illustrating a process, using computer animation or modeling programs.
- Design complex graphics and animation, using independent judgment, creativity, and computer equipment.
- Make objects or characters appear lifelike by manipulating light, color, texture, shadow, and transparency, or manipulating static images to give the illusion of motion.
- Apply story development, directing, cinematography, and editing to animation to create storyboards that show the flow of the animation and map out key scenes and characters.
- Participate in design and production of multimedia campaigns, handling budgeting and scheduling, and assisting with such responsibilities as production coordination, background design, and progress tracking.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Multimedia Artists and Animators do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Develop briefings, brochures, multimedia presentations, web pages, promotional products, technical illustrations, and computer artwork for use in products, technical manuals, literature, newsletters, and slide shows.
- Script, plan, and create animated narrative sequences under tight deadlines, using computer software and hand drawing techniques.
- Use models to simulate the behavior of animated objects in the finished sequence.
- How many hours do Multimedia Artists and Animators work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Multimedia Artists and Animators
Related careers to Multimedia Artists and Animators
This career is also closely related to 3D Animator, 3D Artist, 3D Specialist, Animation Artist, Animation Director, Animation Producer, Animator, Anime Artist, Art Director or Artist.