In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Motorcycle Mechanics looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Motorcycle Mechanics[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MOTORCYCLE-MECHANICS, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Motorcycle Mechanics
Here is a list of tasks that Motorcycle Mechanics do every day.
- Mount, balance, change, or check condition or pressure of tires.
- Listen to engines, examine vehicle frames, or confer with customers to determine nature and extent of malfunction or damage.
- Replace defective parts, using hand tools, arbor presses, flexible power presses, or power tools.
- Repair or adjust motorcycle subassemblies, such as forks, transmissions, brakes, or drive chains, according to specifications.
- Repair or replace other parts, such as headlights, horns, handlebar controls, gasoline or oil tanks, starters, or mufflers.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Motorcycle Mechanics do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Remove cylinder heads and grind valves to scrape off carbon and replace defective valves, pistons, cylinders, or rings, using hand and power tools.
- How many hours do Motorcycle Mechanics work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Learn more about Motorcycle Mechanics
Related careers to Motorcycle Mechanics
This career is also closely related to All Terrain Vehicle Technician (ATV Technician), Custom Bike Builder, Dirt Bike Mechanic, Frame Repairer, Frame Straightener, Master Motorcycle Technician, Motor Bike Mechanic, Motor Scooter Mechanic, Motorcycle Fabricator or Motorcycle Mechanic.