In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Molding and Casting Workers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Video coming soon
Top 2 Featured Schools For Molding and Casting Workers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Molding and Casting Workers
Here is a list of tasks that Molding and Casting Workers do every day.
- Read work orders or examine parts to determine parts or sections of products to be produced.
- Trim or remove excess material, using scrapers, knives, or band saws.
- Pour, pack, spread, or press plaster, concrete, liquid plastic, or other materials into or around models or molds.
- Engrave or stamp identifying symbols, letters, or numbers on products.
- Brush or spray mold surfaces with parting agents or insert paper into molds to ensure smoothness and prevent sticking or seepage.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Molding and Casting Workers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Bore holes or cut grates, risers, or pouring spouts in molds, using power tools.
- Tap or tilt molds to ensure uniform distribution of materials.
- How many hours do Molding and Casting Workers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Molding and Casting Workers
Related careers to Molding and Casting Workers
This career is also closely related to Adobe Block Maker, Adobe Maker, Almond Paste Molder, Artificial Candy Maker, Bed Laborer, Block Maker, Broom Maker, Burial Vault Maker, Burial Vault Setter or Candy Roller.