In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Models looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Models[qs_listing areaofinterest=”FASHION-MODELING, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Models
Here is a list of tasks that Models do every day.
- Gather information from agents concerning the pay, dates, times, provisions, and lengths of jobs.
- Follow strict routines of diet, sleep, and exercise to maintain appearance.
- Record rates of pay and durations of jobs on vouchers.
- Report job completions to agencies and obtain information about future appointments.
- Apply makeup to face and style hair to enhance appearance, considering such factors as color, camera techniques, and facial features.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Models do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Pose for artists and photographers.
- Assemble and maintain portfolios, print composite cards, and travel to go-sees to obtain jobs.
- Display clothing and merchandise in commercials, advertisements, or fashion shows.
- Promote products and services in television commercials, on film, or in videos.
- Make many quick changes backstage during fashion shows and yet maintain poised appearance before audiences.
- How many hours do Models work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Models
Related careers to Models
This career is also closely related to Actor, Actress, Agency Director, Art Class Model, Art Model, Artist’s Model, Character Impersonator, Clothes Model, Fashion Model or Figure Model.