In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators[qs_listing areaofinterest=”HEAVY-EQUIPMENT-OPERATION, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators
Here is a list of tasks that Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators do every day.
- Position jacks, timbers, or roof supports, and install casings, to prevent cave-ins.
- Reposition machines and move controls to make additional holes or cuts.
- Cut entries between rooms and haulage ways.
- Observe indicator lights and gauges, and listen to machine operation to detect binding or stoppage of tools or other equipment problems.
- Replace worn or broken tools and machine bits and parts, using wrenches, pry bars, and other hand tools, and lubricate machines, using grease guns.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Free jams in planer hoppers, using metal pinch bars.
- How many hours do Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
In an Open Vehicle or Equipment
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Extremely Bright or Inadequate Lighting
Exposed to Contaminants
Cramped Work Space, Awkward Positions
Exposed to Whole Body Vibration
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators
Related careers to Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators
This career is also closely related to Bore Miner Operator, Channel Machine Operator, Channeler Runner, Channeling Machine Runner, Clay Mine Cutting Machine Operator, Clay Miner, Coal Cutter, Coal Miner, Continuous Miner Operator (CMO) or Cutter.