In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Meeting, Convention and Event Planners looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Meeting, Convention and Event Planners[qs_listing areaofinterest=”FACILITIES-MANAGEMENT, EVENT-PLANNING-MANAGEMENT, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Meeting, Convention and Event Planners
Here is a list of tasks that Meeting, Convention and Event Planners do every day.
- Confer with staff at a chosen event site to coordinate details.
- Direct administrative details such as financial operations, dissemination of promotional materials, and responses to inquiries.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Meeting, Convention and Event Planners do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to customer requirements.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Consult with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress.
- How many hours do Meeting, Convention and Event Planners work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Learn more about Meeting, Convention and Event Planners
Related careers to Meeting, Convention and Event Planners
This career is also closely related to Catering and Convention Services Coordinator, Catering and Convention Services Manager, Catering and Convention Services Sales Manager, Catering Manager, Certified Meeting Professional, Conference Director, Conference Manager, Conference Organizer, Conference Planner or Conference Planning Manager.