In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Medical Equipment Preparers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Medical Equipment Preparers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”SURGICAL-TECHNOLOGY, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Medical Equipment Preparers
Here is a list of tasks that Medical Equipment Preparers do every day.
- Operate and maintain steam autoclaves, keeping records of loads completed, items in loads, and maintenance procedures performed.
- Clean instruments to prepare them for sterilization.
- Record sterilizer test results.
- Organize and assemble routine or specialty surgical instrument trays or other sterilized supplies, filling special requests as needed.
- Examine equipment to detect leaks, worn or loose parts, or other indications of disrepair.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Medical Equipment Preparers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Attend hospital in-service programs related to areas of work specialization.
- Assist hospital staff with patient care duties, such as providing transportation or setting up traction.
- How many hours do Medical Equipment Preparers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Wear Specialized Protective or Safety Equipment such as Breathing Apparatus, Safety Harness, Full Protection Suits, or Radiation Protection
Learn more about Medical Equipment Preparers
Related careers to Medical Equipment Preparers
This career is also closely related to Bandage Maker, Central Processing Technician (CPT), Central Service Technician (CST), Central Sterile Supply Technician (CSS Technician), Central Sterilization Technician, Central Supply Processing Department Technician (CSPDT), Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST), Certified Registered Central Services Technician (CRCST), Clinical Laboratory Aide or Equipment Technician.