In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Mechanical Door Repairers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Mechanical Door Repairers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Mechanical Door Repairers
Here is a list of tasks that Mechanical Door Repairers do every day.
- Wind large springs with upward motion of arm.
- Adjust doors to open or close with the correct amount of effort or make simple adjustments to electric openers.
- Carry springs to tops of doors, using ladders or scaffolding, and attach springs to tracks to install spring systems.
- Repair or replace worn or broken door parts, using hand tools.
- Complete required paperwork, such as work orders, according to services performed or required.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Mechanical Door Repairers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Operate lifts, winches, or chain falls to move heavy curtain doors.
- Fabricate replacements for worn or broken parts, using welders, lathes, drill presses, or shaping or milling machines.
- Run low voltage wiring on ceiling surfaces, using insulated staples.
- Study blueprints and schematic diagrams to determine appropriate methods of installing or repairing automated door openers.
- Set in and secure floor treadles for door activating mechanisms; then connect power packs and electrical panelboards to treadles.
- How many hours do Mechanical Door Repairers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Mechanical Door Repairers
Related careers to Mechanical Door Repairers
This career is also closely related to Automated Access Systems Technician, Automatic Door Mechanic, Commercial Door Installer, Commercial Installer, Door Closer Mechanic, Door Installer, Door Repairman, Door Serviceman, Door Technician or Exterior Door Installer.