In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Postsecondary Mathematical Science Teachers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Postsecondary Mathematical Science Teachers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MATH-EDUCATION-TEACHING, MATHEMATICS, MATHEMATICS, MATHEMATICS, ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Postsecondary Mathematical Science Teachers
Here is a list of tasks that Postsecondary Mathematical Science Teachers do every day.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as linear algebra, differential equations, and discrete mathematics.
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and papers.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Postsecondary Mathematical Science Teachers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Keep abreast of developments and technological advances in the mathematical field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- How many hours do Postsecondary Mathematical Science Teachers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Postsecondary Mathematical Science Teachers
Related careers to Postsecondary Mathematical Science Teachers
This career is also closely related to Actuarial Science Professor, Actuarial Science Teacher, Adjunct Faculty Mathematics Department, Adjunct Mathematics Instructor, Adjunct Professor, Algebra Teacher, Assistant Professor, Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Associate Professor or Associate Professor of Mathematics.