In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Massage Therapists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Massage Therapists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MASSAGE-THERAPY, REHABILITATION-THERAPY, ALTERNATIVE-MEDICINE, , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Massage Therapists
Here is a list of tasks that Massage Therapists do every day.
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance.
- Confer with clients about their medical histories and problems with stress or pain to determine how massage will be most helpful.
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body.
- Maintain treatment records.
- Assess clients’ soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Massage Therapists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Refer clients to other types of therapists when necessary.
- Perform other adjunctive therapies or treatment techniques in addition to massage.
- Use complementary aids, such as infrared lamps, wet compresses, ice, and whirlpool baths to promote clients’ recovery, relaxation, and well-being.
- How many hours do Massage Therapists work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Massage Therapists
Related careers to Massage Therapists
This career is also closely related to Bodywork Therapist, Certified Massage Therapist (CMT), Clinical Massage Therapist, Deep Tissue Massage Therapist, Integrated Deep Tissue Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Practitioner (LMP), Licensed Massage Therapist, Massage Operator, Massage Therapist or Masseur.