In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Marine Engineers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
Top 2 Featured Schools For Marine Engineers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”GENERAL-ENGINEERING, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Marine Engineers
Here is a list of tasks that Marine Engineers do every day.
- (Information coming soon)
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Marine Engineers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare, or direct the preparation of, product or system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Conduct analytical, environmental, operational, or performance studies to develop designs for products, such as marine engines, equipment, and structures.
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- Prepare plans, estimates, design and construction schedules, and contract specifications, including any special provisions.
- Evaluate operation of marine equipment during acceptance testing and shakedown cruises.
- How many hours do Marine Engineers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Marine Engineers
Related careers to Marine Engineers
This career is also closely related to Analytical Consultant, Automation Engineer, Consulting Engineer, Design Drafter, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Systems Designer, Engineer, Engineering Consultant, Hull Outfit Supervisor or Marine Consultant.