In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
Here is a list of tasks that Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners do every day.
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Move and arrange furniture and turn mattresses.
- Prepare rooms for meetings and arrange decorations, media equipment, and furniture for social or business functions.
- Purchase or order groceries and household supplies to keep kitchens stocked and record expenditures.
- Deliver television sets, ironing boards, baby cribs, and rollaway beds to guests’ rooms.
- How many hours do Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
Related careers to Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
This career is also closely related to Bed Maker, Breakfast and Room Attendant, Bunk House Worker, Cabin Cleaner, Care Taker, Caretaker, Chambermaid, Charwoman, Cleaner or Cleaning Maid.