In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Loss Prevention Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Loss Prevention Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ENVIRONMENTAL-MANAGEMENT, DIGITAL-COMMUNICATIONS, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-PROJECT-MANAGEMENT, LIBRARY-SCIENCE, HISTORY” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Loss Prevention Managers
Here is a list of tasks that Loss Prevention Managers do every day.
- Administer systems and programs to reduce loss, maintain inventory control, or increase safety.
- Identify potential for loss and develop strategies to eliminate it.
- Supervise surveillance, detection, or criminal processing related to theft and criminal cases.
- Monitor compliance to operational, safety, or inventory control procedures, including physical security standards.
- Visit stores to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Loss Prevention Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Perform or direct inventory investigations in response to shrink results outside of acceptable ranges.
- Coordinate or conduct internal investigations of problems such as employee theft and violations of corporate loss prevention policies.
- Investigate or interview individuals suspected of shoplifting or internal theft.
- Train loss prevention staff, retail managers, or store employees on loss control and prevention measures.
- Review loss-prevention exception reports and cash discrepancies to ensure adherence to guidelines.
- How many hours do Loss Prevention Managers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Learn more about Loss Prevention Managers
Related careers to Loss Prevention Managers
This career is also closely related to Area Loss Prevention Manager, Associate Vice President, Director-Loss Prevention, District Loss Prevention Manager, Logistics Loss Prevention Manager, Loss Prevention Manager, Loss Prevention Officer, Loss Prevention Operations Manager, Loss Prevention Specialist or Loss Prevention Supervisor.