In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Logistics Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Logistics Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”PUBLIC-ADMINISTRATION, AEROSPACE-ENGINEERING, AIRPORT-MANAGEMENT, BUSINESS, BUSINESS-ADMINISTRATION” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Logistics Managers
Here is a list of tasks that Logistics Managers do every day.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Logistics Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- How many hours do Logistics Managers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Logistics Managers
Related careers to Logistics Managers
This career is also closely related to Air Export Logistics Manager, Contract Manager, Corporate Logistics Manager, Corporate Traffic Manager, Customer Logistics Manager, Dedicated Logistics Manager, Global Logistics Manager, Integrated Logistics Programs Director, Integrated Logistics Support Manager (ILS Manager) or International Logistics Manager.