In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Lodging Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Lodging Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”HOSPITALITY-MANAGEMENT, HOTEL-MOTEL-MANAGEMENT, HOSPITALITY-MANAGEMENT, HOSPITALITY-MANAGEMENT, HOSPITALITY-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Lodging Managers
Here is a list of tasks that Lodging Managers do every day.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, and grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
- Greet and register guests.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services, and resolve occupants’ complaints.
- Monitor the revenue activity of the hotel or facility.
- Train staff members.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Lodging Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Interview and hire applicants.
- Purchase supplies, and arrange for outside services, such as deliveries, laundry, maintenance and repair, and trash collection.
- Perform marketing and public relations activities.
- Meet with clients to schedule and plan details of conventions, banquets, receptions and other functions.
- Book tickets for guests for local tours and attractions.
- How many hours do Lodging Managers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Lodging Managers
Related careers to Lodging Managers
This career is also closely related to Agricultural Labor Camp Manager, Apartment Coordinator, Bed and Breakfast Innkeeper, Boardinghouse Keeper, Camp Director, Campground Manager, Director of Front Office, Director of Housing, Dude Ranch Manager or Front Desk Manager.