In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Locksmiths and Safe Repairers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Locksmiths and Safe Repairers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”LOCKSMITHING-SAFE-REPAIR, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Locksmiths and Safe Repairers
Here is a list of tasks that Locksmiths and Safe Repairers do every day.
- Cut new or duplicate keys, using keycutting machines.
- Cut new or duplicate keys using impressions or code key machines.
- Disassemble mechanical or electrical locking devices, and repair or replace worn tumblers, springs, and other parts, using hand tools.
- Keep records of company locks and keys.
- Insert new or repaired tumblers into locks to change combinations.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Locksmiths and Safe Repairers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Set up and maintain master key systems.
- Open safe locks by drilling.
- Move picklocks in cylinders to open door locks without keys.
- Install alarm and electronic access systems.
- How many hours do Locksmiths and Safe Repairers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Locksmiths and Safe Repairers
Related careers to Locksmiths and Safe Repairers
This career is also closely related to Certified Master Locksmith (CML), Certified Master Safe Technician (CMST), Certified Master Safecracker (CMS), Certified Registered Locksmith (CRL), Forensic Locksmith, Key Maker, Keysmith, Lock Expert, Lock Fitter or Lock Setter.