In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Legal Secretaries looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Legal Secretaries[qs_listing areaofinterest=”LEGAL-ADMINISTRATIVE-ASSISTANT-SECRETARY, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Legal Secretaries
Here is a list of tasks that Legal Secretaries do every day.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
- Schedule and make appointments.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Legal Secretaries do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
- Prepare and distribute invoices to bill clients or pay account expenses.
- How many hours do Legal Secretaries work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Legal Secretaries
Related careers to Legal Secretaries
This career is also closely related to Accredited Legal Secretary, Administrative Assistant, Certified Legal Secretary Specialist, Confidential Secretary, District Court Administrator, Executive Secretary, Judicial Administrative Assistant, Law Secretary, Legal Administrative Assistant or Legal Administrative Secretary.