In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Lawyers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
Top 2 Featured Schools For Lawyers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”LAW-SCHOOL, LAW-SCHOOL, LAW-SCHOOL, LAW-SCHOOL, ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Lawyers
Here is a list of tasks that Lawyers do every day.
- Study Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
- Supervise legal assistants.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Lawyers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies.
- Present evidence to defend clients or prosecute defendants in criminal or civil litigation.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Advise clients concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
- How many hours do Lawyers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Lawyers
Related careers to Lawyers
This career is also closely related to Admiralty Lawyer, Agency Legal Counsel, Assistant Attorney General, Assistant Corporation Counsel, Assistant Counsel, Assistant County Attorney, Assistant District Attorney, Assistant Federal Public Defender, Assistant Prosecuting Attorney or Assistant Prosecutor.