In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Kindergarten Teachers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Kindergarten Teachers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”TEACHING, EARLY-CHILDHOOD-EDUCATION, EARLY-CHILDHOOD-EDUCATION, ESL-SECOND-LANGUAGE-EDUCATION-TEACHING, ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Kindergarten Teachers
Here is a list of tasks that Kindergarten Teachers do every day.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Teach basic skills, such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Observe and evaluate children’s performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Demonstrate activities to children.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Kindergarten Teachers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students’ needs and progress.
- How many hours do Kindergarten Teachers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Kindergarten Teachers
Related careers to Kindergarten Teachers
Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors
Secondary School Teachers
Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
Educational, Guidance, School and Vocational Counselors
This career is also closely related to 4 Year Olds Kindergarten Teacher, Art Teacher, Bilingual Kindergarten Teacher, Classroom Teacher, Early Childhood Teacher, Elementary Art Teacher, Elementary Teacher, House Adviser, Kinder Teacher or Kindergarten / First Grade Teacher.