In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Janitors and Cleaners looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Janitors and Cleaners[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Janitors and Cleaners
Here is a list of tasks that Janitors and Cleaners do every day.
- Service, clean, or supply restrooms.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Janitors and Cleaners do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, or supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Mow or trim lawns or shrubbery, using mowers or hand or power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
- Set up, arrange, or remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, or scaffolding to prepare facilities for events, such as banquets or meetings.
- How many hours do Janitors and Cleaners work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Janitors and Cleaners
Related careers to Janitors and Cleaners
This career is also closely related to Airport Attendant, Alley Cleaner, Alley Worker, Attendant, Brass Cleaner, Brass Polisher, Building Attendant, Building Custodian, Building Maintenance Custodian or Building Maintenance Superintendent.