In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Interior Designers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Interior Designers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ARCHITECTURE, FACILITIES-MANAGEMENT, MATERIALS-ENGINEERING, INTERIOR-DESIGN, ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Interior Designers
Here is a list of tasks that Interior Designers do every day.
- Coordinate with other professionals, such as contractors, architects, engineers, and plumbers, to ensure job success.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Interior Designers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and use of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
- Review and detail shop drawings for construction plans.
- Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
- Subcontract fabrication, installation, and arrangement of carpeting, fixtures, accessories, draperies, paint and wall coverings, art work, furniture, and related items.
- How many hours do Interior Designers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Interior Designers
Related careers to Interior Designers
This career is also closely related to Certified Kitchen Designer, Color and Materials Designer, Color Expert, Commercial Interior Designer, Decorating Consultant, Decorator, Designer, Director of Interiors, Environmental Designer or Furniture Arranger.