In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Insurance Sales Agents looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Insurance Sales Agents[qs_listing areaofinterest=”INSURANCE, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Insurance Sales Agents
Here is a list of tasks that Insurance Sales Agents do every day.
- Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, medical and dental insurance, or specialized policies, such as marine, farm/crop, and medical malpractice.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Insurance Sales Agents do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk.
- Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
- Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
- Plan and oversee incorporation of insurance program into bookkeeping system of company.
- How many hours do Insurance Sales Agents work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Learn more about Insurance Sales Agents
Related careers to Insurance Sales Agents
This career is also closely related to Account Executive, Account Leader, Account Manager, Account Representative, Account Specialist, Accounts Executive, Agent, Bond Writer, Broker or Burial Agent.