In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Insurance Policy Processing Clerks looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Insurance Policy Processing Clerks[qs_listing areaofinterest=”OFFICE-MANAGEMENT, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
Here is a list of tasks that Insurance Policy Processing Clerks do every day.
- Interview clients and take their calls to provide customer service and obtain information on claims.
- Process, prepare, and submit business or government forms, such as submitting applications for coverage to insurance carriers.
- Process and record new insurance policies and claims.
- Correspond with insured or agent to obtain information or inform them of account status or changes.
- Organize and work with detailed office or warehouse records, maintaining files for each policyholder, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Insurance Policy Processing Clerks do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Notify insurance agent and accounting department of policy cancellation.
- Obtain computer printout of policy cancellations or retrieve cancellation cards from file.
- How many hours do Insurance Policy Processing Clerks work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
Related careers to Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
This career is also closely related to Account Administrator, Account Manager, Administrative Underwriter, Agency Service Coordinator, Agency Service Representative, Associate Financial Representative, Cancellation Clerk, Claims Assistant, Claims Processor or Commercial Customer Service Representative.