In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Insurance Claims Clerks looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Insurance Claims Clerks[qs_listing areaofinterest=”OFFICE-MANAGEMENT, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Insurance Claims Clerks
Here is a list of tasks that Insurance Claims Clerks do every day.
- Enter claims information into database systems.
- Prepare insurance claim forms or related documents and review them for completeness.
- Calculate amount of claim.
- Post or attach information to claim file.
- Transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Insurance Claims Clerks do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Contact insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information.
- How many hours do Insurance Claims Clerks work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Insurance Claims Clerks
Related careers to Insurance Claims Clerks
This career is also closely related to Call Center Representative, Claim Processing Specialist, Claim Representative, Claim Service Representative, Claim Taker, Claim Technician, Claims Adjudicator, Claims Adjuster, Claims Associate or Claims Clerk.