In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Information Technology Project Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Information Technology Project Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-SCIENCE, OFFICE-MANAGEMENT, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-PROJECT-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Information Technology Project Managers
Here is a list of tasks that Information Technology Project Managers do every day.
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
- Direct or coordinate activities of project personnel.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Information Technology Project Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects.
- Submit project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- How many hours do Information Technology Project Managers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Information Technology Project Managers
Related careers to Information Technology Project Managers
This career is also closely related to Computer Project Manager, Consultant, Customer Program Manager, Database Administration Project Manager, Database Development Project Manager, Director of Application Development, Director of Technology, E-Business Project Manager, Health Informatics Specialist or Information Support Project Manager.