In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Informatics Nurse Specialists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Informatics Nurse Specialists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-SCIENCE, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, NETWORK-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Informatics Nurse Specialists
Here is a list of tasks that Informatics Nurse Specialists do every day.
- Design, develop, select, test, implement, and evaluate new or modified informatics solutions, data structures, and decision-support mechanisms to support patients, health care professionals, and their information management and human-computer and human-technology interactions within health care contexts.
- Analyze and interpret patient, nursing, or information systems data to improve nursing services.
- Apply knowledge of computer science, information science, nursing, and informatics theory to nursing practice, education, administration, or research, in collaboration with other health informatics specialists.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Informatics Nurse Specialists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Translate nursing practice information between nurses and systems engineers, analysts, or designers using object-oriented models or other techniques.
- Develop strategies, policies or procedures for introducing, evaluating or modifying information technology applied to nursing practice, administration, education, or research.
- Identify, collect, record or analyze data that are relevant to the nursing care of patients.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in informatics.
- Provide consultation to nurses regarding hardware or software configuration.
- How many hours do Informatics Nurse Specialists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Informatics Nurse Specialists
Related careers to Informatics Nurse Specialists
This career is also closely related to Business Consultant, Clinical Informatics, Clinical Applications Specialist, Clinical Coordinator, Clinical Informaticist, Clinical Informatics Director, Clinical Informatics Specialist, Clinical Informatics Strategist, Clinical Information Systems Director, Clinical Systems Educator or Consultant.