In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Industrial Production Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Industrial Production Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”INDUSTRIAL-ENGINEERING, INDUSTRIAL-ENGINEERING, BUSINESS, BUSINESS-ADMINISTRATION, LOGISTICS-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Industrial Production Managers
Here is a list of tasks that Industrial Production Managers do every day.
- Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Direct or coordinate production, processing, distribution, or marketing activities of industrial organizations.
- Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Prepare and maintain production reports or personnel records.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Industrial Production Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Hire, train, evaluate, or discharge staff or resolve personnel grievances.
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Review plans and confer with research or support staff to develop new products or processes.
- Institute employee suggestion or involvement programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, or statistical studies.
- How many hours do Industrial Production Managers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Industrial Production Managers
Related careers to Industrial Production Managers
This career is also closely related to Area Plant Manager, Branch Manager, Brewing Director, Bulk Plant Manager, Car Construction Superintendent, Concrete Mixing Plant Superintendent, Correctional Facility Industries Superintendent, Demand Planner, Dental Laboratory Manager or Director of Manufacturing.