In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Industrial Engineering Technologists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Industrial Engineering Technologists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ARCHITECTURAL-ENGINEERING, GENERAL-ENGINEERING, BIOMEDICAL-ENGINEERING, HVAC-HEATING-VENTILATION-AIR-CONDITIONING-REFRIGERATION, GENERAL-ENGINEERING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Industrial Engineering Technologists
Here is a list of tasks that Industrial Engineering Technologists do every day.
- Interpret engineering drawings, sketches, or diagrams.
- Plan the flow of work or materials to maximize efficiency.
- Compile operational data to develop cost or time estimates, schedules, or specifications.
- Analyze operational, production, economic, or other data, using statistical procedures.
- Collect and analyze data related to quality or industrial health and safety programs.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Industrial Engineering Technologists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Modify equipment or processes to improve resource or cost efficiency.
- Oversee or inspect production processes.
- Analyze, estimate, or report production costs.
- Conduct time and motion studies to identify opportunities to improve worker efficiency.
- How many hours do Industrial Engineering Technologists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Industrial Engineering Technologists
Related careers to Industrial Engineering Technologists
This career is also closely related to Assistant Manager Quality Management, Associate Product Integrity Engineer, Efficiency Analyst, Efficiency Expert, Head of Operation and Logistics, Industrial Engineering Analyst, Industrial Engineering Technologist, Industrial Methods Consultant, Industrial Technologist or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.